The time and funds needed to go:
- Time: 2 – 3 weeks. Camp sessions last 18 to 21 days throughout the summer beginning the first of June through the end of August.
- Funds: Approximately $3,500 – $4,500 per person (expenses will fluctuate) This amount provides for you and your interpreter:
- Your Roundtrip international airfare/ Interpreters in country train fee.
- Your lodging during international travel
- Ukraine in-country travel, lodging and meals for you both.
- At-camp costs of camp stay for you both. (room and meals)
- Your Interpreter expenses
- Crafts and teaching materials required at camp
- Miscellaneous Ukraine in-country expenses
Why do we cover all these costs for interpreters?
The Americans are volunteers to this mission. Our Ukrainian friends (interpreters) often give their unpaid time-off to help the children in their country to have this important experience. They, too, believe in the power of this work and the effect it has on their country. There have been several Ukrainian teammates who have left jobs when not allowed time off, hoping to gain new jobs after camp. Their dedication is a humbling inspiration.
Additional personal costs associated with trip:
- Recommended inoculations
- Travel to Team Training
- Meals to and from Ukraine
- Health insurance
- Travel insurance (optional)
- Extra food, drinks, souvenirs, sight-seeing expense.
Variables affecting team cost:
- Number of team members and team interpreters
- US Departure location
- Ukraine camp location
- Number of campers at camp
- Number of days the team is in Ukraine
- Daily cost at camp (varies per camp)
BEYM will manage:
- Arranging interpreters
- Arranging in-country travel and lodging options
- Arranging a camp for each team
BEYM will provide:
- Training for team members and team leaders (exclusive of transportation)
- Curriculum guidelines and resources for teaching at camp.
- Bibles and Bible related materials for all campers and staff will be provided by EEM free-of-charge.